Wednesday, May 28, 2014

NEW FELTING PROJECTS AND ETSY SHOP

My Etsy shop, TouchBlue, is now open.  I have only a few items listed at the moment, but I will add some today and more as I work up my stock.  Check it out!!


This summer is going to be very busy as I am getting ready for two craft shows in October/November 2014.  I will be making Nuno felted scarves, wet felted purses, felted soap, eye glass holders, and flowers to pin on any accessory for a touch of color. Instead of buying ready dyed scarves for my Nuno felting, I bought silk chiffon fabric and cut and dyed it myself.  There are a few different dyeing methods, but I must say I enjoyed dyeing with Kool-Aid the best.  It is fast and easy and can be done in the microwave in just a few minutes. The only negative thing with Kool-Aid dyeing is that it is a bit limiting with colors, but for that I used Tulip fabric dye. Tulip fabric dye works fine, but the dyeing process takes about an hour.  The results as follow:




The felted soap (exfoliating soap) is very popular as gifts.  The wool shrinks with the soap with continued use.  The flowers turned out pretty cute too. 



A picture of what my booth will look like is necessary for my entry in the arts and craft shows.  I started putting a few of my items together and took this picture.  It is not nearly enough stock for the show, but I think the picture will do.  


Some close-ups of my work 

Eyeglass cases














Until next time, happy felting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment