Monday, July 28, 2014

MORE NUNO FELTED SCARVES

Summer has been very busy with fiber art camps and I have thoroughly enjoyed my young students and their enthusiasm to learn to knit.  In my next blog I will post some pictures of summer camp at Stitch Pretty and the awesome projects my students finished.  I hope to have my campers back later in the year for a Christmas workshop.

I have not had much time for knitting, but I am still working on some Nuno felted scarves.  I always try to use different silk fabrics and fibers to see what the outcome of this new blend on the scarves will be.  Recently I bought crinkle silk chiffon and I was happy with how quickly the roving felted through the fabric.  I also used a new roving called Malabrigo Nube hand painted roving by Paradise Fibers. The roving has beautiful colors and felted very quickly.  I left a comment on the website about how much I liked the way the Malabrigo Nube felted and would definitely use it again. I received a message back that they have never heard of anybody who felted with the Nube roving and wanted to post my projects on their Ravelry.com project page.  One more thing on my to-do-list of projects.

Some of the scarves and jewelry bags below were done with the Malabrigo Nube handpainted roving.  The two jewelry bags and eyeglass cases were wet felted.

Purple Nuno Felted Scarf

Grey Nuno Felted Scarf


Jewelry bags



Eyeglass cases

I do want to spend so much more time on felting, but my knitting projects await!!
Till next time  ......


No comments:

Post a Comment