Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Scarves, hats, and mittens, but we can't wear them yet!

Hi friends,
It has been a month since my last blog about the cold weather.  It has gotten warmer since then.  The birds think it is spring and wakes us up singing every morning!  Today's high was 70 degrees.  But I am not complaining.  I like it!  It is just that all the cute scarves, hats, and mittens are waiting to be used!
My next problem is that I can't find my camera to take pictures for my blog. After the Thanksgiving trip to Mississippi it has just disappeared.  Since I can't take pictures to post, I will update with some pictures of winter knitting later. 
I have starting knitting and felting flowers (beautiful, bright colored flowers) that can be put on anything for decorations.  You can put them on hats, purses, and that old, grey sweater that needs a facelift. They are quite pretty and fun to make.  
I am also knitting little mittens for an advent garland (picture below).  You knit 24 mittens, place numbers on them for counting down till Christmas, and knit some strings to make the garland.  I probably won't get all 24 done, but if I do 2 every month, it should be done by next Christmas.  I don't want to put my other fun projects aside and just knit mittens.  Aren't they just the cutest little things you have ever seen, and I love the colors!

Smitten (a Holiday Garland)

The calendar on the Stitch Pretty website has been updated and we have added Knitting Help on Wednesday nights from 6-8 pm for our working girls for December 5, 12, and 19. The Knitting Circle on Thursdays from 10am-12pm will continue as usual. The girl's knitting classes are also starting to pick up.

Well, until next time, Merry Christmas and happy knitting!




















No comments:

Post a Comment