Monday, April 13, 2015

NEW CLASSES AT STITCH PRETTY

With spring in the air, knitting classes are slowing down and I am getting ready for some new Nuno felting classes. For those of you who are not familiar with Nuno felting, it is a Japanese fabric felting technique.  It melts loose fibers, usually wool, into a sheer fabric such as silk or other loosely woven fabrics.  This creates a lightweight felt that can totally cover the background fabric or be used as decorative design.  In winter I like to make Nuno felted scarves and use the fibers to cover the whole scarf.  For spring and summer I will only use the wool as a decorative design (as shown on the shawl in this picture). I was very pleased with the way this shawl turned out.  I hand dyed the shawl first and then added flowers on the side and bottom.  Lastly, I added some mohair locks and beads in the center of each flower, and it's done!.  Love it!  





This is an ideal Mothers' Day gift and designs can vary from the traditional flowers to more abstract designs.  I will be sure to carry one with me when going out to restaurants where the air is freezing cold in summer!

Class info:  April 29,  1-4pm
                 May 7,  6-9pm

Please contact me on this blog for weekend or Girls' Night out dates and prices.  


SUMMER CAMPS!

Kids' summer camps are also filling up. Classes include knitting, crochet, and felting.  Please check out the website at www.stitchpretty.com for details about these camps. 

Here are some of the projects in the knitting camp we will do:

This cute kitty!

And this pretty purse!

Be sure to join me this summer for a great adventure in knitting, crochet, and felting!


No comments:

Post a Comment