Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby things and more .....

Hi everyone
I have been so busy with working on ideas for springs projects that I have not had time to post an update on my knitting projects.  This morning I got up and decided today is the day.  

Towards the end of last year I was invited to a friend's baby shower and knitted a baby cocoon, hat, and blanket for the baby. With my friend's permission here are some pictures of baby Mya.  Isn't she just gorgeous!!  Snuggling in her warm cocoon and hat.

_7be65dd8-2ea8-42cd-9a28-dbf8dc079471__3.jpg
Baby Mya
_7be65dd8-2ea8-42cd-9a28-dbf8dc079471__1-1.jpg  





I have been invited to another baby shower, and this time it is for a spring baby.  I used cotton yarn to knit some booties, a little hat, and pullover bib. 








I have had so much fun knitting these little baby items and in particular knitting the little flowers for the hat and booties.
  
Towards late spring I will be teaching a class on how to knit a lace shrug ( I will post on this blog about the dates and times).  It is a very easy pattern.  If you can cast on, knit, and purl you can do this class.  



 
The yarn used is Bernat Satin which feels very soft and silky against the skin.  

There are a few more exciting knitting projects ongoing and I will post more updates as I go along. 

Until next time, happy knitting!
 



 


















No comments:

Post a Comment